Welcome to the 2018 Teen Family History Fair: Discover Your Roots video submission page.
In order to introduce young adults to the world of family history research and genealogy, the Washington County Genealogical Society and the Nancy Carol Roberts Memorial Library invite anyone between the age of 11 and 18 to submit video interviews in our first annual Family History Fair. The video can focus on family history or an individual’s memories or memorabilia of the Washington County Fair. See the information below for guidance on what to submit and how to be part of this amazing project.
Submitting Your Digital Content
Prizes and Eligibility:
The contest is open to young adults between the ages of 11 and 18 and prizes will be awarded in each category for ages 11 to 14, and each category for ages 15 to 18. First prize winners in each category and age group will receive $50 and second place will receive $25. All winners will be recognized before the Brenham City Council and Washington County Genealogical Society.
You may submit a 5-10 minute video interview in one of these two categories:
- Family History Video Interview a family member and focus the discussion on family history, an artifact, a photograph, or the individual’s reminiscences.
- Individual’s Memories or Memorabilia of the Washington County Fair Video Interview an individual who has memories or souvenirs from the Washington County Fair, which is celebrating its 150th anniversary.
- Skill of the interviewer
- Depth and thoroughness of interview
- Creativity in areas such as background, memorabilia, and interview questions
- Completeness in matching the category description
How do I Digitize My Content?
Use the library media- green screen room to record your interview and upload your own background image. You can also ask for expert advice from library staff, a genealogical society member, or attend one our scheduled classes for help. Check our calendar for dates and times of Family History Fair workshops.